Friday, June 11, 2010

Yes, Jesus Loves Me! by Sally

One of our several missionary adventures was in the Micronesian Islands. We lived on a small island named Yap. My husband flew people and things out to a smaller island named Ulithi. There were several American peace corps folks who lived on Ulithi, who taught at the American system high school. I enjoyed a friendship with the wife of the superintendent of the school named Peggy. Besides teaching at the school, she occasionally baby-sat a cute little gal named Beth. Beth's Mom was also a teacher at the school. On one of my visits to Ulithi, Peggy couldn't wait to tell me her story. Peggy told me how she liked to sing to Beth before she took her nap in the afternoon, and occasionally Peggy sang the song, "Yes Jesus Loves Me". Peggy told me that one day she was beginning to rock Beth to get her to calm down for a nap. Beth told Peggy, "Please sing that song, 'Jesus Loves Peggy.'" Get it?? Not Jesus love me, but Jesus loves Peggy.

I think we all think that a lot. Sure Jesus loves Barbara. Barbara is so cute and adorable and nice. And Jesus loves Susan. Who wouldn't ?? But Jesus loves me??? Have to think about that. We look at others and see the bad, but mostly the good. We look at ourselves and are less forgiving. We know all that we have done and thought.

In earlier blogs I mentioned that V & F helps us to understand others and ourselves. Now I want to help us get a picture that V & F helps us to understand God better. I know that we will never, on this side of eternity, ever completely understand God. But one thing we can know is that Jesus does love us. We can start with John 3:16. His love caused Him to give us an opportunity to eternal life with Him. He has wonderful blessings of His grace, His forgiveness, His protection, etc., etc.

And also He was the one that designed just who we are. He chose what family we would be part of. He chose the color of our eyes, our hair, our complexion, and on and on. And He chose just what type of temperament we would have and what would be the way in which we would function. He chose that and knitted us together in our Mom's womb.

All of the information instilled in V & F leads me to realize just how much God does love me. He wants me to know my identity and how I am fashioned. During the journey of creating and writing V & F I came to realize that the Vessel that I am is a Velvet Box. I could write at least 6 blogs about how that has changed my life. I finally understand who I am. I finally understand me. And I can't help but understand how Awesome God is to love me this much.

He created in you a specific temperament. And He fashioned a way in which you would function. And now because of V & F you can know that temperament, and how you function. And begin to understand yourself, others, and God better.

Yes, Jesus does love me. And He loves you too.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment