Wednesday, July 7, 2010

God Calling, by Sally

Several years ago Brenda introduced me to the book, God Calling. A. J. Russel edits it. Two English women, who call themselves the “Listeners”, originally wrote it. They do not identify themselves. It is explained at the start of the book. Two women chose to pray and listen to God for a year. This book is a compilation of what they felt God was saying to them.

It is difficult to explain this book. Each day as I read the short daily devotional, it seems to me that God walks in the room, sits down, takes me by the hand. I sense that God has listened to me, to my heart, and answers me. The devotionals are put in a way that help me to see the caring heart of God. Now that my husband is retired we read this devotional together each morning.

Another strange phenomenon is how the reading that particular day just FITS. Many times I have thought something, or had an experience, and then I read the devotional. It is as if God knew all about me, and had that devotional that day just for me for this particular time. Many other people have told me that this has happened to them also.

Over the years I have given this book to many people. It is comforting to me to know that we are all reading the same word from the Lord together.

This book is published by many publishers, and comes in different styles. It is in several different price ranges from a few dollars to pricey. Whatever edition you happen to get, you will enjoy this time with the Lord as you read, with me, God Calling.
Blessings.

2 comments:

  1. I got the book God Calling today, looking forward to reading it!
    ~Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Alyssa. Great to know we are all reading the same encouraging words.
    Sally

    ReplyDelete